Enjoy this traditional Italian recipe.
This salty sweet Italian treat
of Fusilli with Pumpkin Cream, Guanciale & Ricotta Salata, is a
traditional recipe made with the finest ingredients.
This time I’ll show you how to cook a perfect, tasty and colourful Italian first course. I’ve chosen some awesome ingredients used in the kitchens of the ancient Italian farmers. We will have an incredible balance between the sweetness of the pumpkin, the saltiness of the crispy bacon and the spiciness of the ricotta salata, smartly enhanced with chilli.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 320 g fusilli pasta
- 200 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 finely sliced onion
- 150 g guanciale cut julienne
- 80 g ricotta salata – chilli flavoured
- 2 Sage Leaves
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVO)
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook the guanciale until it becomes crispy and slightly brown.
- Remove the guanciale from the pan and store it in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the rest of the olive oil, onion and sage and gently fry using the fat of the guanciale.
- Add pumpkin and season with salt & pepper.
- Add a little water and cook vegetables until they become tender.
- Remove from the heat, blend and strain.
- Cook the fusilli in boiling, salted water for 8 minutes (al dente).
- Serve the pasta with crispy guanciale on top and some flakes of ricotta salata.
- Sit down and enjoy your meal!
- Route: Between Venice and Mantua (Mantova)
- Up to 20 guests
- 6-10 crew
- Private Charter and Individual Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Opera
- Other possible itineraries for private charters: Family, Golf, Wine appreciation
- Learn More: Online Brochure
La Bella Vita
Bella Vita is a stylish 20-passenger vessel offering comfortable, fully
air-conditioned accommodations with a choice of single or double beds.
She has two upper-deck junior suites and eight lower-deck staterooms,
all with en-suite facilities; and a bright, spacious dining room/bar
area. Louvred doors open to the side decks to give a perfect viewing
platform. Above, there is a huge sun deck with an awning and comfortable
loungers to relax on with a drink and a good book, or just watch the
world go by.
The variety of charming waterways between
Venice and Mantua (Mantova) promises a unique and magical cruising
experience. The itinerary includes fascinating excursions that offer a
real insight into the many cultures — Roman, Etruscan, Istrian,
Byzantine and, of course, Renaissance — that have influenced the arts,
architecture and history of the region over many centuries. Enjoy the
diverse landscapes and nature en route, from picturesque lagoon islands
with their colourful houses, to wild beach dunes and pine woods with an
abundance of birdlife; from the charming Venetian port of Chioggia via
the River Po and Bianca Canal to the captivating lakeside setting of the
Renaissance city, Mantua.