Our dedicated garden cruises include visits to some of the best gardens, estates, and parklands in Europe. You will learn about the history of each garden from the expert guides, as well as the cultivation and preservation of a variety of plants and flowers from the professional gardeners.
- Explore the spectacular 16th century Botanical Garden of Padua, noted as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and as being the oldest academic botanical gardens in the world.
- Visit the Giardino di Valsanzibio with its famous 400-year-old box Labyrinth, and its tree-lined avenues, fishponds, fountains, and statues.
- Spend time at the Parco Giardino Sigurtà in Valeggio sul Mincio, which dates back to 1407. The park encompasses over 600 hectares of expansive lawns, the famous kilometer-long Rose Walk with over 30,000 specimens in spring, a hermitage, and a medicinal herb garden. Well known for its one million tulip bulbs, this garden was awarded the World Tulip Award in 2019.
- Arisaig, with its formal gardens designed in traditionalist style.
- The Wild Woodland Garden of Larachmhor, a 28-acre wild woodland garden on the edge of Arisaig, which is famed for its two hundred varieties of rhododendrons.
- The wonderful family-owned Abriachan Nurseries and gardens are close to Loch Ness and known for their exquisite auricula collection.
- The peaceful Attadale Gardens, which includes a vast woodland, Japanese and herb gardens with magnificent views over Skye, Loch Carron, and the Applecross peninsula.
View Spirit of Scotland’s Garden Cruise itinerary.
Hotel Barges offering Garden Cruises
- Route: ITALY – Venice, the Islands of the Venetian Lagoon, the Bianca Canal, and the Po Valley
- Up to 20 guests
- Private charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: All itineraries, Garden Cruise
- Learn more: Online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com