- 500 ml thick cream – from either cows or goats
- 20 ml uncultured buttermilk
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Optional flavours: lemon, chilli, roast garlic, herbs etc…
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest at room temperature for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, chill the mixture for a couple of hours in a fridge. Once chilled, place the cream in a food blender and whip it vigorously until it splits
- Squeeze the buttermilk from the butter, and set it aside if you’re going to make the scones
- Place the butter on a piece of muslin or cloth for a few minutes to absorb any excess moisture
- Serve as is, or add whatever flavours you wish to make a herb, garlic or even a fruit butter!
- Route: The Lower Shannon River, Ireland – Between Glasson and Killaloe
- Up to 10 guests in 5 cabins. All on the main level.
- Charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Artisan Food Trail, Biking/Cycling, Family, Golf, Walking
- Learn More: Online Brochure
Shannon Princess has been thoughtfully designed throughout. The barge’s
inviting interior makes a charming floating living space – a perfect
“Home away from home” for guests to enjoy. The welcoming atmosphere is
enhanced by Ruairi and Olivia’s love of antiquities, crafts, pottery and
art with many works by established and local Irish artists. Onboard
the barge a friendly & relaxed mood has been created by carefully
mixing casual informality with quality service.
Shannon Princess provides accommodation for up to 10 guests in 5 cabins
which can be configured as double or twins, each with ensuite
facilities. This barge is owner-operated with a total of five
professional crew in attendance.You will be charmed with excellent but
friendly service, gorgeous food & wines, and share in a slice of
local life and knowledge.
View Shannon Princess’ online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com