These treats are a soft dough made with flour, eggs, sugar, yeast and milk and flavored with citrus peel, peanuts and raisins. Every Venetian family has their own recipe, which can be different in textures, aromas and stuffing, but of course, Grandma’s is the best!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250 g wheat flour
- 35 g sugar
- 20 g brewer’s yeast
- 1 egg
- 20 cl milk
- 30 g raisins (hydrated in 1 tbsp of rum)
- 30 g peanuts
- Rind of 1 lemon (washed and grated)
- 1 liter peanut oil (for frying)
- Take a large bowl and mix the milk and brewer’s yeast with 50 grams of flour until it becomes nice and doughy,
- Leave the dough in the bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes in a warm, dry space.
- After half an hour you can add all of the remaining ingredients apart from the peanut oil.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly with the dough and cover again, leave until the dough has roughly doubled in size.
- With a small, wet spoon, mould the dough into small balls.
- Deep fry the balls in the peanut oil for 2 to 3 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Drain on kitchen paper, leave to cool slightly and serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
- Sit down and enjoy these tasty Venetian treats!
About The Italian Hotel Barge Bella Vita
La Bella Vita
La Bella Vita is a stylish 20-passenger vessel with a typically modern
Italian interior, reflected in the use of vibrant colors throughout to
create an atmosphere of casual relaxation. There is an inviting bar area
in which to enjoy a glass of Prosecco and a spacious dining room with
louvre doors that open to give a perfect view as you are served
delicious Italian specialities and wines.
There are two main deck junior suites and eight lower deck staterooms,
all air-conditioned and with en suite facilities. The upper deck
has a huge sun deck with a large canopy and comfortable loungers to
relax and watch the world drift by.
Enjoy delicious regional cuisine, fine Italian wines
and the services of an attentive crew that will make this an
La Bella Vita offers 6-night, all-inclusive private charters, as well as cabin cruises. Themed cruises such as family, golf, opera, and wine appreciation are available for private charters.
- Learn More: Online Brochure
- Route: Venice, the Islands of the Venetian Lagoon, the Bianca Canal and the Po Valley
- Up to 20 guests
- Charters and Cabin cruises
- Itineraries: Standard classic, Family, Golf, Opera, Wine appreciation
View La Bella Vita‘s online brochure
Visit our website for more info on our barges and barging: www.BargeCharters.com